Comic-Con plans hit a snag
Sorry I haven’t posted in a few days, but I’ve been feeling under the weather, while at the same time hoping it wouldn’t get in the way of my plans and preparations for the New York Comic-Con. Unfortunately, it has gotten in the way. I was planning to set off this morning on a 2-day drive, but I decided yesterday that I just wasn’t feeling well enough and would have to postpone it a day at least. I’m still hoping I’ll be up to setting out tomorrow morning.
This means that, at best, I’ll only be at the con for part of Friday afternoon, and may miss the whole day. Hopefully I’ll be there Saturday and Sunday, though. Right now, as I’m having lunch (chicken soup and citrus fruit, to help my immune system along, hopefully), I’m feeling pretty good. But I can’t promise anything yet. I won’t know for certain until tomorrow.
Even so, though, I’m going to have to put a vacation hold on my mail today, just in case. I’m expecting a package sometime soon and I don’t want it sitting in the hallway over the weekend (though hopefully it’ll come today). So I might end up putting a hold on my mail today and then staying home tomorrow and not needing it. But it has to be done.
Well, there is a plus side. Tonight (October 6), PBS is showing Sir Patrick Stewart’s Macbeth, and I wasn’t sure I’d be able to record that or catch it at a motel if I’d left today (I don’t yet have a DVR and my VCR isn’t entirely reliable). At least this way, I’ll be able to watch it for sure.